Paterson & Cooke (P&C) is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice describes what happens to any personal data that you provide to us or that we may collect from you when you use our website, contact us via email or enter into a contract with us.
Paterson & Cooke is a Data Controller of the personal data that you may provide to us. Any reference to “us”, “our” or “we” means Paterson & Cooke.
What information does P&C collect?
There are 3 main ways that P&C will collect personal data:
- Directly from your input (email, telephone)
- Through the website (contact us form)
- From third party sources which includes referrals received from mutual contacts
Data you provide us
The type of personal data that P&C collects directly from you is:
- Contact details, such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- Payment information (bank account details)
How does P&C use your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by P&C to provide you with the products and services relating to our business. Your personal data enables us to:
- Set up, administer and manage our relationship, associated contracts and records
- Receive and respond to your communications and requests
- Ensure that we are able to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations regarding your account, including verifying the accuracy of any information you give us
- Raise purchase orders
- Issue proposals
What Legal Basis Does P&C have for Processing your Personal Data?
When P&C collects any personal data from you, they do so:
- With your consent
- For execution of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps, at your request, before entering into such a contract
- Where necessary for our compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation
- As necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests as described below, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights. Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
Our legitimate interests are to deliver our products and services to our customers; to detect or prevent fraud, to operate our business (by processing payments and invoices), to enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, and to provide customer service or support.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
P&C will not sell, trade or rent your personal information and will never disclose information about you to external third parties, except to fulfil your specific orders for a product, service or information. Information may be shared between our group of companies in the event that they are positioned to deliver the relevant service.
P&C has a legal obligation to pass on your information to the police or any other statutory body if requested to do so.
P&C takes the security of your data seriously. The company has internal policies and controls in place to try and ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
P&C uses Google Analytics to monitor website traffic. All data is anonymised, and no identifiable data is stored by P&C through the use of Google Analytics.
P&C retains your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the service and fulfil the transactions you have requested. It is also retained for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security; detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
You have the right under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 to request, free of charge:
- Access to and correction or deletion of your personal information
- That we cease or limit our processing of your personal information
- A copy of your personal information
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us on the email address set out below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security we may require you to verify your identity.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy notice or our processing of your information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Lodge a Complaint
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information, but you may also lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in the applicable jurisdiction.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. Any changes will be noted on this page with an updated revision date.
Last amended: 30 August 2019