Paterson & Cooke is looking for a process engineer with 5 to 10 years’ experience to support project and study execution within the Tailings Group in our office in Denver, Colorado. The role will include technical engineering on tailings systems (focused on tailings processing, dewatering, transportation, deposition, and tailings re-processing for metal recovery and re-purposing) and management and coordination of tailings focused projects.
The successful candidate will have tailings experience working in an engineering consultancy, OEM, industrial plant, and/or mine site environment and should be equally comfortable working in an office or on field assignments at mine sites. Depending on background, the work may include the following tasks:
- Serve as Lead Engineer or Project Manager on projects
- Process design including process flow diagram and mass balance development
- Conceptual tailings processing, dewatering and transportation facility layouts
- P&ID and control narrative development
- Sizing and specification of industrial equipment (primarily cyclones, thickeners, filters, pumps and pipelines, mechanical conveyors, bins, chutes, and truck and mobile equipment fleets)
- On-site audits, system commissioning, or troubleshooting assignments at mine sites, primarily in the Americas
- Technical communication, including report writing and presentations
- Development of conceptual, prefeasibility, feasibility and detailed engineering projects
- Commissioning and start-up of facilities
- Ongoing professional development towards maintaining professional registration.
The successful candidate will have above-average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- B.S. engineering degree. A Master’s degree is considered an asset
- Five to ten years’ experience in an engineering consultancy, OEM, industrial plant, mine site, or plant metallurgical role. Experience with mine tailings, tailings dewatering, tailings transportation and deposition is considered an asset
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
- Strong interpersonal skills and affinity to work in a consulting environment
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft products
- Proficient in English, both written and oral. Proficiency in Spanish is considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Ability to travel within the Americas
- Eligible to work in the United States
Additional Qualifications (a plus, but not required):
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and controls
- Thickening and filtration experience
- Material handling and conveying experience
- Study management experience
- Exposure and familiarity with CAPEX and OPEX cost estimating for greenfield and brownfield projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead an engineering team
- Ability to work safely and productively in an office, industrial, or mine environment
- Self-motivated and able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
Compensation and Benefits
The expected annual salary range for this position is $75,000 to $120,000. The actual salary offered for the position will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education history, and prior training and experience. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance.
This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including: health, dental, eye, life, accidental death and disability insurance, a health savings account, 401(k) retirement program with company match, employee ownership program, paid holidays, paid time off, and sick leave. All bonuses and benefits are subject to employee eligibility and may be modified by Paterson & Cooke at any time.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and exceeding client expectations, often with innovative solutions. Our people enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard daily and a workplace that allows each employee to thrive. In the Denver office (located in Golden to the west of Denver), we balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work-life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every other Friday off. We enjoy the opportunity for time together outside of work with summer BBQ’s, family trips, and spur of the moment get-togethers to celebrate milestones – or just the end of the week. We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With ten offices covering five continents and an international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size enables our employees to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is excited to come to work each morning.
Denver Application Instructions
Please send the following to: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Tailings Process Engineer/Project Manager Position1020
- Resume with list of references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.