Paterson & Cooke is looking for either an early career Project Engineer (3 to 5 years’ experience) or Project Manager (5 to 10 years’ experience) to support project and study execution in our Golden, Colorado office. As a Project Engineer you will assist on various projects and studies related to mineral processing, tailings dewatering, and/or slurry pipeline transport. To be considered for a Project Manager role, you must possess a minimum of 5 year’s experience with demonstrated project management skills and ability to fully manage small to medium sized projects and studies.
The successful candidate will have experience working in an engineering consultancy, industrial plant, and/or mine site environment and should be equally comfortable working in an office or on field assignments at mine sites. Depending on background, the work may include the following tasks:
- Serve as Lead Engineer or Project Manager on projects
- Process system design, conceptual plant layout, and mass balance development
- P&ID and control narrative development
- Hydraulic analysis and design of slurry and water pipelines
- Specification of system components (pumps, equipment, piping, valves, instrumentation, etc.)
- Occasional on-site audits, system commissioning, or troubleshooting assignments (typically 1 to 14 days in duration) at mine sites, primarily in North and South America, as required
- Technical communication, including report writing and presentations
- Engineering support for conceptual, prefeasibility, and feasibility level studies
- Detailed engineering of plants and pipelines
- Ongoing professional development towards maintaining professional registration
The successful candidate will have above-average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- B.S. engineering degree completed in minimum time. A Master’s degree is considered an asset
- Registered as a professional engineer or eligible for registration within two years
- Three to five years’ experience in an engineering consultancy, industrial plant, mine site, or plant metallurgical role. Experience with mine tailings, pipeline hydraulics, control and instrumentation is considered an asset
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
- Strong interpersonal skills and affinity to work in a consulting environment
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in English, both written and oral. Fluency in Spanish is considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Eligible to work in the United States
Additional Qualifications (a plus, but not required):
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and controls
- Exposure and familiarity with CAPEX and OPEX cost estimating for greenfield and brownfield projects
- Experience with Control and Instrumentation design
- Demonstrated ability to lead an engineering team
- Ability to work safely and productively in an office, industrial, or mine environment
- Self-motivated and able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
Compensation and Benefits
The expected annual salary range for this position is $65,000 to $120,000. The actual salary offered for the position will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education history, and prior training and experience. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance.
This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including: health, dental, eye, life, accidental death and disability insurance, a health savings account, 401(k) retirement program with company match, employee ownership program, paid holidays, paid time off, and sick leave. All bonuses and benefits are subject to employee eligibility and may be modified by Paterson & Cooke at any time.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and for exceeding client expectations, often with innovative solutions. Our people enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard daily and a workplace that allows each employee to thrive. In the Golden office, we balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work-life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every other Friday off. We enjoy the opportunity for time together outside of work with summer BBQ’s, social events, and spur of the moment get-togethers to celebrate milestones – or just the end of the week. We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With nine offices covering five continents and an international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size enables our employees to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is pleased to come to work each morning.
Denver Application Instructions
Please send the following to: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Project Engineer/Project Manager Position
- Resume with list of references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.