An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join our team in a full-time position at our rapidly growing office in Cornwall, United Kingdom. The successful applicant will work on a variety of projects in the mining and resources industry.
Using your technical knowledge and project management skills you will support the analysis and design of water and slurry pipeline systems. Accountable to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer will work as part of a project team, taking responsibility for engineering and technical disciplines involved in the project. This includes scheduling, planning, forecasting and management of activities to assure project accuracy and quality.
- Hydraulic analysis and design of water and slurry pump and pipeline systems
- Mechanical design and engineering of mining systems, including process plants, pumps, pipelines and related infrastructure
- Selection, specification and evaluation of system components (pumps, piping valves, etc.)
- Technical communication, including specifications, report writing and presentations
- Laboratory work (slurry and material testing, R&D projects etc.) as required
- Project management, including planning and proposals, client liaison and execution of engineering projects.
- Complete engineering projects by organising and controlling project elements
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management
- Co-operate and communicate effectively with the Project Manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Monitor compliance applicable to codes and practices
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Continuously develop your knowledge, understanding and skills associated with relevant engineering projects systems and the mining and resources industries.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Qualified to Degree Level or Higher in a suitable subject (related to Engineering, Science etc.)
- Registered or eligible for registration with appropriate engineering body
- Able to demonstrate awareness of fluid mechanics, hydraulics, pipelines, pumping systems or mining and processing.
Experience related to position
- 2 years plus site experience or exposure to mining, plant, pump station or pipeline construction
- 2 years plus experience or exposure to process design and control or instrumentation
- Able to demonstrate an awareness and experience of computer aided design preparing technical drawings (PFDs, P&IDs, GAs and pipe drawings).
- Ability to work both independently under direction and within a team to discuss and resolve complex technical challenges and to find solutions
- Able to present written information effectively, including providing reports on project progress in a timely manner
- Able to manage own time effectively, develop project plans, and schedule work to deliver on multiple projects and work packages running together
- Able to make clear, concise and informative presentations
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing project requirements
- Able to act decisively with confidence and competence in areas of expertise, whilst at the same time understanding the risks associated with any decisions you make
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence and client satisfaction
- Continuously develop knowledge, understanding and skills associated with relevant engineering projects, systems and the mining and resources industries.
- Able and willing to travel locally and internationally
- A valid driver’s licence
This role is part funded for 12 months by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
Cornwall Application Instructions
Please send the following to Cornwall@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Project Engineer Position
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job