An opportunity has arisen for a Project Draughtsperson to join our team in a full-time position at our newly established office in Madrid, Spain. The successful applicant will join the office to produce mechanical and process drawings in the field of slurry transport systems and specialised equipment for the mining and resources industry.
The Project Draughtsperson will work in close liaison with process and mechanical engineers to develop project drawings for international mining clients.
Key tasks for the role are as follows:
- Develop and maintain Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID’s) and Hydraulic Grade Lines (HGL’s)from sketches provided by engineers.
- Develop general arrangement and layout drawings of piping systems, process buildings, pump stations (plans, elevations and sections) and related specialised equipment from PFD’s and P&ID’s.
- Produce pipework drawings including arrangements, long sections and isometrics.
- Development of 3D models.
- Perform material take-offs and develop bills of quantities, and equipment lists.
- Check, review and mark-up drawings, ensuring compliance and adherence to P&C standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute as part of a team consisting of engineers and other members of the drafting team.
- Actively manage own workload adjusting activities as needed to meet project timelines.
- Apply technical skills and critical thinking to develop drawings.
- Consistently deliver professional drawings to the required standards and drawing procedures.
- Commit to ongoing career development through continuous growth and learning.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Applicant must be fully versed in Autodesk/AutoCad and Autodesk Inventor
- Experience in Autodesk Vault and Plant 3D would also be beneficial
Experience related to position:
- Be formally trained in draughting
- Have at least 5 years of relevant and appropriate experience in process plant and/or mining environments – with demonstratable drawing deliverables. At least some of this experience should include layout and detailing of pump stations and pipelines.
- Have 5+ years’ experience on AutoCAD (2D & 3D)
- Have an excellent level of computer literacy
- Be able to install and develop expertise in specialised draughting related software
- Be able to problem solve independently through research and information gathering via library, internet, equipment catalogues and supplier contracts.
- An organised approach to ensure all deliverables are maintained and organised effectively
- A professional demeanour and confidence to make decisions independently
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to pro-actively and positively react to process changes and client requests at any stage in projects.
Be willing and able to occasionally travel internationally for training or project work.
Compensation & Benefits
In return Paterson & Cooke Iberia offers a competitive annual salary for the position. In addition to the base salary the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance. This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including life insurance and employee ownership program.
A career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and for exceeding client expectations, often with innovative solutions. Our people enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard daily and a workplace that allows each employee to thrive. We balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every Friday afternoon off. We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With 11 offices covering five continents and international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size entitles us to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth.
Please send the following to Cornwall@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Project Draughtsperson (Madrid, Spain)
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job