Project Administrators work on assigned projects under the supervision of a project manager. They will make use of the full spectrum of tasks in the project life-cycle of engineering and in-house company projects.
- Assist with the coordination and completion of all project administrative tasks, including technical documentation, budget and deliverable tracking, and compliance reviews.
- Coordinate project communications and documents and communicate these with external clients, subcontractors and internal project team members.
- Coordination of engineering design and tender documentation for delivery to clients and project teams.
- Perform general project administrative tasks, including recording and distribution of minutes, preparation and issue of project documents.
- Contribute to in-house administrative tasks and maintenance of systems and procedures.
- Occasionally travel to client’s premises for meetings (local or international)
- Contribute, as part of a team, in the successful completion of projects.
- Timely completion of administrative tasks as requested by project managers.
- Communication and interaction with clients, sub-consultants and project team members.
- Document control which includes the issuing and recording of all incoming and outgoing project documents.
- Maintain deliverables list/document register for projects.
- Support subcontractors with documents for the duration of projects.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of project reporting
- On-the-job training, learning and development to stay up-to-date with tools, processes and procedures in engineering and company improvement projects.
The person is an organized individual, who attends closely to detail while coping with multi-tasking and project teamwork. This person must be highly motivated, communicate well (both verbally and in writing) and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment as well as be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and situations.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies:
- An appropriate diploma or degree together with training/experience in project/business administration or related disciplines. In exceptional circumstances, candidates without a diploma / degree will be considered but only if they have substantial relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills, especially word-processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel) and other MS Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated personal and administrative skills and experience.
- Familiarity with consulting engineering, construction and/or mining industry.
- Project management and administration, financial reporting and budgeting.
- MS Project or equivalent project management software.
- Exposure to business management software e.g. VantagePoint or equivalent as well as library/document control systems e.g. BIM260, Aconex.
- Ability to work well in an office and in a team role.
- Willing to learn and update IT skills.
- Ability to work hard, independently and act professionally at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and keep up to date with several projects at any time.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high standards of work and deliverables.
- Initiative and flexibility to occasionally work long hours to make project deadlines.
Please send the following:
Subject Line: Project Administrator Position
- Academic transcripts
- Your Curriculum Vitae and contactable references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.