The successful applicant will become part of the accounting team and have a degree or diploma in Business Administration or other relevant field and report directly to the Office Manager. Providing administrative support to the Accounting Department and to Project Managers will be their primary responsibilities, however assisting the Managing Director and Office Manager will be required to help meet the business needs of the Company.
The work involves general accounting support tasks, but a key aspect of the role will be the production, understanding and presentation of Deltek Vantagepoint data tracking progress of deliverables against budget and schedule. Efficient administration of accounting tasks and document control form an important part of the regular duties.
- Work closely with the Controller to meet the engineering office’s accounting cycle deadlines
- Execute accounting/administrative tasks assigned by the Office Manager and Controller to help maintain consistency across our three Canadian Offices (Sudbury, Calgary, Vancouver)
- Perform the necessary daily tasks to support engineering teams on our projects, including project scheduling, labor resource loading, project milestone date tracking, and project reports all within Deltek Vantagepoint
- Assist with pre-qualification bid packages, tender documents, proposals, contract documents, and other client requirements
- Work closely with project managers and engineers to improve project delivery efficiency
- Assist with quality control, reviews, document control and meetings
- Coordinate the project close-out process, including archiving and marketing material updates
- Assist with the management of sub-consultants
- Coordinate annual events such as technical courses, group meetings, and conferences
Reliable and professional support of our accounting team, project managers and business managers.
The successful candidate will have above average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company. They will be self-motivated, organized and with a high attention to detail. The person can expect to spend ~50% of their time supporting the office’s business administration needs and ~50% supporting on technical projects.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies
- 5+ years of Business Accounting/Administrative experience, preferably in an engineering / consulting environment
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or another relevant field
- Direct experience with the Deltek Vision/Vantagepoint platform is considered an asset
- Experience dealing with technical people, projects, and clients in a professional manner
- Established ability to work independently, with strong organization and time management abilities
- Fluent in English, both written and oral form. Fluency in French or Spanish is considered an asset
- Strong computer skills, especially word processing, spreadsheets and scheduling
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work safely and productively in a professional office environment
- Able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
Sudbury Application Instructions
Please send the following to Sudbury@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Project/Accounting Administrator Position
- Resume with contactable references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job