Paterson & Cooke is looking for an engineer with 5 to 15 years’ experience to support project and study execution within our Pipelines Group in our Denver, Colorado office. The role will include engineering of pipeline systems (focused on slurry transport), management and coordination of pipelines focused projects and cross-discipline project execution.
Experience in slurry pipeline design and in an engineering consultancy, OEM, industrial plant, and/or mine site environment is preferred, but not required. The successful candidate should be equally comfortable working in an office or on field assignments at mine sites. Depending on background, the work may include the following tasks:
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Serve as Lead Engineer or Project Manager on projects
- Process flow diagram and mass balance development
- P&ID and process control narrative development
- Pipeline system design including steady-state hydraulic design, specification/selection of pumps, piping and channel geometries and route selection
- On-site audits, system commissioning, or troubleshooting assignments at mine sites, primarily in the Americas
- Technical communication, including report writing and presentations
- Development of conceptual, prefeasibility, feasibility and detailed engineering projects
- Preparation and review of relevant technical specifications
- Commissioning and start-up activities
- Development of proposals for upcoming opportunities, such as compiling the scope of work, deliverables, schedules and budgets
- Ongoing professional development towards maintaining professional registration if not already obtained
The successful candidate will have above-average abilities to meet the high standards set by Paterson & Cooke.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- B.S. engineering degree
- Five to fifteen years’ experience in an engineering consultancy, OEM, industrial plant, mine site. Experience with slurry pipeline system design, tailings transport and associated deposition system design, is considered an asset
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
- Strong interpersonal skills and affinity to work in a consulting environment
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft products
- Proficient in English, both written and oral. Proficiency in Spanish is considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Ability to travel within the Americas
- Eligible to work in the United States
Additional Qualifications (preferred but not a prerequisite):
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and controls
- Engineering design of slurry pipelines (concentrate and ore), tailings transport and associated deposition systems, and/or water systems experience
- Study management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead an engineering team
- Ability to work safely and productively in an office, industrial, or mine environment
- Self-motivated and able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
Compensation and Benefits
The expected annual salary range for this position is $75,000 to $130,000. The actual salary offered for the position will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education history, and prior training and experience. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance.
This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including: health, dental, eye, life, accidental death and disability insurance, a health savings account, 401(k) retirement program with company match, employee ownership program, paid holidays, paid time off, and sick leave. All bonuses and benefits are subject to employee eligibility and may be modified by Paterson & Cooke any time.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and exceeding client expectations with innovative solutions. We have over 200 staff members who enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard every day in a work environment which encourages each employee to thrive. In the Denver office (located in Golden to the west of Denver), we balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work-life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every other Friday off.
We have several employees working remotely part-time and full-time. We take great care to ensure our remote work staff members have the necessary tools and guidance to effectively integrate within our work teams. We welcome applications from people considering a remote working arrangement.
We enjoy the opportunity for time together outside of work with summer BBQ’s, family trips, and spur of the moment get togethers to celebrate milestones – or just the end of the week.
We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With ten offices covering five continents and an international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size enables our employees to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is excited to come to work each morning.
Denver Application Instructions
Please send the following to: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Pipelines Project Engineer/Project Manager Position
- Resume with list of references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.