Paterson & Cooke USA is seeking a Mineral Process Engineer to join their team in a full-time position in P&C’s Denver, Colorado office. The role will include technical engineering, field support and investigations, start-up support, and management and coordination of mineral processing projects.
The successful candidate will be an engineer with a minimum of five years of experience working in an engineering consultancy, industrial plant and/or mine site environment. The process engineer will have a background in metallurgical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or mining, and should be equally comfortable working in an office or visiting mine sites.
- Process lead on projects ranging from conceptual level to detailed engineering
- Conduct on-site process and equipment audits, trouble shooting and debottlenecking
- Produce technical communications, including report writing and presentations
- Equipment estimating, and project costing
- Management of laboratory and pilot test work
- Manage project engineering documents such as design criteria, PFDs, P&IDs, plant layouts, and general arrangements
- Provide field project coordination, engineering services, commissioning, and troubleshooting with direct client interface
- Prepare and/or review technical reports
- Perform project management functions for small to mid-size projects
- Supervise, lead and/or contribute as part of a team in projects
- Application of technical skills to perform engineering tasks and problem solving
- Ongoing professional development towards maintaining professional registration
The successful candidate will have above-average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- B.S. engineering degree, mineral processing or chemical engineering preferred. A Master’s degree is considered an asset
- At least five years’ experience in an engineering consultancy, industrial plant, mine site, or plant metallurgical role
- Working knowledge of MESTIM software
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
- Strong interpersonal skills and affinity to work in a consulting environment
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft products
- Proficient in English, both written and oral. Proficiency in Spanish is considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Ability to travel within the Americas
- Eligible to work in the United States
Additional Qualifications (a plus but not a prerequisite):
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and controls
- Study management experience
- Exposure and familiarity with CAPEX and OPEX cost estimating for greenfield and brownfield projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead an engineering team
- Ability to work safely and productively in an office, industrial, or mine environment
- Self-motivated and able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
- Additional language skills will be viewed favorably
Compensation and Benefits
The expected annual salary range for this position is $75,000 to $140,000. The actual salary offered for the position will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education history, and prior training and experience. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance.
This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including: health, dental, eye, life, accidental death and disability insurance, a health savings account, 401(k) retirement program with company match, employee ownership program, paid holidays, paid time off, and sick leave. All bonuses and benefits are subject to employee eligibility and may be modified by Paterson & Cooke any time.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and exceeding client expectations, with innovative solutions. We have over 200 staff members who enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard every day in a work environment which encourages each employee to thrive. In the Denver office (located in Golden to the west of Denver), we balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work-life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every other Friday off.
We have several employees working remotely part-time and full-time. We take great care to ensure our remote work staff members have the necessary tools and guidance to effectively integrate within our work teams. We welcome applications from people considering a remote working arrangement.
We enjoy the opportunity for time together outside of work with summer BBQ’s, family trips, and spur of the moment get togethers to celebrate milestones – or just the end of the week.
We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With ten offices covering five continents and an international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size enables our employees to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is excited to come to work each morning.
Denver Application Instructions
Please send the following to: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Mineral Process Engineer Position
- Resume with list of references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.