Paterson & Cooke USA is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in a full-time position in Golden, CO. The successful candidate will be an engineer with a minimum of ten years of experience working in an engineering consultancy, designing and detailing mechanical equipment and piping systems for mining projects.
- Mechanical/piping lead on projects ranging from feasibility level to detailed engineering
- Provide design, coordination, and oversight of various mechanical/piping systems typical in mining including, but not limited to, process piping, pumping systems, conveying systems, dust collection, bins/tanks, HVAC, general plant/facility water, compressed air, and gas systems
- Perform calculations for sizing of systems and selection of equipment
- Prepare equipment and piping technical specifications, calculations, reports, design criterion and other documents as required by the project
- Produce technical communications, including report writing and presentations
- Perform detailed technical bid analysis for equipment typical of the mining industry
- Manage project engineering documents such as design criteria, equipment data sheets, specifications, plant layouts, and general arrangements.
- Generate and check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards. Ensure that piping design engineering standards are maintained and adhered to on all projects
- Co-ordinate the mechanical/piping engineering effort within the project team to meet the project schedule and budget
- Supervise, lead and/or contribute as part of a team in projects
- Application of technical skills to perform engineering tasks and problem solving
The successful candidate will have above-average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- A BS or MS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering program
- Acquired PE certification
- A minimum of 10 years of industry related engineering experience
- Experience leading an engineering and design team
- Team leadership skills
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory engineering requirements
- Proven ability to plan, delegate, organize work and supervise designers and drafters
- Strong computer skills
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills
- A valid driver’s license and, when required, willing to travel
- Eligible to work in the United States
Additional Qualifications (a plus but not required):
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and controls
- Study management experience
- Ability to use CAD and other design software such as Autodesk or Cadworx
- Exposure and familiarity with CAPEX and OPEX cost estimating for greenfield and brownfield projects
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
- Ability to work well in office, industrial and mining environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Additional language skills, particularly Spanish, will be viewed favorably
Compensation and Benefits
The expected annual salary range for this position is $90,000 to $140,000. The actual salary offered for the position will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education history, and prior training and experience. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance.
This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including: health, dental, eye, life, accidental death and disability insurance, a health savings account, 401(k) retirement program with company match, employee ownership program, paid holidays, paid time off, and sick leave. All bonuses and benefits are subject to employee eligibility and may be modified by Paterson & Cooke any time.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and exceeding client expectations, with innovative solutions. We have over 200 staff members who enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard every day in a work environment which encourages each employee to thrive. In the Denver office (located in Golden to the west of Denver), we balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work-life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every other Friday off.
We have several employees working remotely part-time and full-time. We take great care to ensure our remote work staff members have the necessary tools and guidance to effectively integrate within our work teams. We welcome applications from people considering a remote working arrangement.
We enjoy the opportunity for time together outside of work with summer BBQ’s, family trips, and spur of the moment get togethers to celebrate milestones – or just the end of the week.
We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With ten offices covering five continents and an international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size enables our employees to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is excited to come to work each morning.
Denver Application Instructions
Please send the following to: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Lead Mechanical/Piping Engineer Position
- Resume with list of references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.