Paterson & Cooke (UK) Ltd is seeking a Laboratory Technician to join our team in a full-time position at our rapidly growing office in Cornwall, United Kingdom. The successful applicant will work on a variety of projects in the mining and resources industry.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the Laboratory Technician will have two areas of focus; the first is laboratory based conducting test work and the second is to collate and report the findings of the laboratory testing in the company’s standard format.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key tasks for the role are as follows:
- Following defined test work methodologies, consistently and to a schedule
- Recording data accurately and systematically
- Creation of test work reports to the company standard
- Maintaining records of the test work data
- Maintaining laboratory operational records
- Development of testing procedures
- Providing research and development support
- Conforming to good laboratory practice and health and safety requirements by ensuring personal protective equipment is used
Qualifications & Knowledge
- A-level or equivalent vocational training as a laboratory Technician or demonstrable work experience.
- GCSE’s in Maths, English and Science
Experience Related to Position
- Experience in laboratory equipment control programs
- Experience in a similar setting, whether consultancy or professional services environment
- Experience in Uniaxial or Triaxial Strength Testing
- Experience in maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Experience of Geotechnical test work (favourable but not essential)
- Have an excellent level of computer literacy
- Must be able to follow set procedures
- Must be able to record results accurately
- Good time management, self-organisation, and planning skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Be willing and able to occasionally travel for training or project work.
Compensation & Benefits
In return Paterson & Cooke UK offers a competitive annual salary for the position. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance. This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including life insurance and employee ownership program.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and for exceeding client expectations, often with innovative solutions. Our people enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard daily in a workplace that allows each employee to thrive. We balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every Friday afternoon off. We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With 11 offices covering five continents and international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size entitles us to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth.
Cornwall Application Instructions
Please send the following to Cornwall@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Laboratory Technician Position
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job