The Junior/Intermediate Draftsperson, under the direct supervision of a Senior Draftsperson or engineer, produces drawings and 3D models for specialised equipment and for mechanical piping systems projects in the mining and resources industry. They will ensure that drawing deliverables are done to the best of their ability within the project time frame and according to company standards and procedures.
- Assist other draftspersons to edit, correct and issue drawings of piping systems and pump stations (plans, elevations and sections) from engineers' sketches and diagrams
- 3D modelling of piping systems, mechanical equipment, foundations, pipe supports, etc.
- Assist on the production of process drawings (PFDs and P&IDs) as required
- Application of drawing skills to perform basic engineering and drawing tasks
- Ongoing career development through continuous growth and learning
- On-the-job training will be provided in specialist drawing tasks, particularly MicroStation 3D
- Continuous learning and professional development will be required to remain up-to-date on current practices and technology
- Once familiar and experienced with the technical aspects, the candidate will be required to take on increasing responsibility for project work
Key Personal Characteristics
- Attention to detail and commitment to technical excellence
- Able to work hard and act with integrity, as part of small team
- Willingness to learn
Qualifications & Competencies
- Formal drafting training to a Cert IV in engineering drafting or equivalent
- Up to 5 years’ experience in similar roles
- AutoCAD (2D) or MicroStation (preferable) training and experience
- Computer literacy with basic skills in MS Excel and Word
- A valid passport and drivers’ license and being willing and able to travel
Australian citizens and/or permanent residents will be given priority over those with work permission restrictions because of visa and other impediments.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and for exceeding client expectations, often with innovative solutions. Our people enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard daily in a workplace that allows each employee to thrive. With nine offices covering five continents and an international clientele, Paterson & Cooke provides opportunities for career growth.
Perth, Australia Application Instructions
Please send the following to HR.AU@patersoncooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Junior/Intermediate Draftsperson Position
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job