Paterson & Cooke are seeking recent mechanical or civil engineering graduates to join our office in Golden, Colorado. The successful applicants will work as graduate engineers on various slurry pipeline, mineral processing, and mining projects in North and South America (including travel to mine sites). In-house training will be provided where necessary. Depending on background, the work may entail the following:
- Laboratory and pilot test work
- High level process development, plant design and engineering
- Hydraulic analysis of pump and pipeline systems
- Mechanical design and engineering of pipelines and related equipment
- Specification of system components (pumps, piping, valves, instrumentation, etc.)
- Technical communication, including report writing and presentations
- On-site process and equipment audits, and the commissioning of plant and systems
- Estimating and costing
- Contribute as part of a team
- Application of technical skills to perform engineering tasks and problem solving
- Ongoing professional development towards obtaining and maintaining professional registration
The successful candidate will have above average abilities to meet the high standards set by our company.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- A recent BS or MS degree in mechanical engineering, completed in minimum time
- US citizen or be eligible to work in the US
- A valid driver’s license and, when required, be willing to travel
- Strong computer skills, especially spreadsheets (Excel) and word-processing
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
Useful Experience (not a prerequisite)
- Mineral processing, process plant, or mining environment exposure
- A background in fluid mechanics/hydraulics or pipeline and pumping systems
- Knowledge of Control and instrumentation
- Costing and estimating experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work well in an office, industrial and mining site environment
- Able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical and safety excellence
Compensation and Benefits
The expected annual salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000 and is specific to the Denver, Colorado market. The actual salary offered for the position will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education history, and prior training and experience. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance.
This role is also eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including: health, dental, eye, life, accidental death and disability insurance, a health savings account, 401(k) retirement program with company match, employee ownership program, paid holidays, paid time off, and sick leave. All bonuses and benefits are subject to employee eligibility and may be modified by Paterson & Cooke at any time.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and for exceeding client expectations, often with innovative solutions. Our people enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard daily and a workplace that allows each employee to thrive. In the Golden office, we balance a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work-life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every other Friday off. We enjoy the opportunity for time together outside of work with summer BBQ’s, social events, and spur of the moment get-togethers to celebrate milestones – or just the end of the week. We encourage employees to expand their knowledge through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With nine offices covering five continents and an international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size enables our employees to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is pleased to come to work each morning.
Denver Application Instructions
Please send the following to: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Graduate Engineer Position
- Resume with list of references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.