Paterson & Cooke is seeking recent or soon-to-be engineering graduates to join our office in Golden, Colorado. The successful applicant will work as a graduate engineer on various mining related projects, including travel to mine sites in North and South America. Training will be provided related to our company’s expertise in mineral processing, tailings and backfill systems, and slurry pipelines.
- Laboratory and pilot test work
- Process development, mass balances, plant design and engineering
- Hydraulic analysis of pump and pipeline systems
- Mechanical design and engineering of pipelines and related process equipment
- Specification of system components (pumps, piping, valves, instrumentation, etc.)
- Technical communication, including report writing and presentations
- Onsite process and equipment audits
- Commissioning and start-up of process facilities
- Contribute as part of a team dedicated to high quality, innovative and excellence-driven engineering
- Application of technical skills to perform engineering tasks and problem solving
- Ongoing professional development towards obtaining and maintaining professional registration
The successful candidate will have above-average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company.
Minimum Requirements & Competencies:
- A recent BS or MS degree in mechanical engineering, completed in minimum time
- US citizen or be eligible to work in the US
- Ability to travel within the Americas
- A valid driver’s license and, when required, willing to travel
- Strong computer skills, especially spreadsheets (Excel) and word-processing
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
Useful Experience (not a prerequisite):
- Mineral processing, process plant, or mining environment exposure
- A background in fluid mechanics/hydraulics or pipeline and pumping systems
- Control and instrumentation knowledge
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work well in an office, industrial and mining site environment
- Able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical and safety excellence
Compensation & Benefits
The expected annual salary range for this position is $70,000 to $90,000. The actual salary offered for the position will be determined based on job-related qualifications, education history, and prior training and experience. In addition to the base salary, the position is eligible for annual bonus compensation based on company and individual performance.
This position is eligible to participate in the company’s benefits program including health, dental, eye, life, accidental death and disability insurance, a health savings account, 401(k) retirement program with company match, employee ownership program, paid holidays, paid time off, and sick leave. All bonuses and benefits are subject to employee eligibility and may be modified by Paterson & Cooke any time.
A Career with Paterson & Cooke
Paterson & Cooke is an international specialist engineering firm known for high quality work and exceeding client expectations, often with innovative solutions. Our people enjoy the challenge of living up to this standard daily and a workplace that allows each employee to thrive. In the Golden office, we maintain a demanding, rewarding workload with consideration for work-life balance. We have a unique work schedule in which we earn every other Friday off. We enjoy the opportunity for time together outside of work with summer BBQ’s, social events, and spur of the moment get-togethers to celebrate milestones – or just the end of the week. We encourage employees to expand their knowledge and self-direct their career development through employer supported training courses and on-site experience. With nine offices covering five continents and an international clientele, P&C provides opportunities for our employees to travel the world. Our size enables our employees to make a difference in the company and opens opportunities for career growth. Our aim is to create an environment in which everyone is pleased to come to work each morning.
Please send the following to: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
Subject Line: Application for Graduate Engineer Position
- Resume with list of references
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.