The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who will work closely with P&C’s senior mining, mechanical and process engineers. The work will focus mainly on mining and backfill related projects in the mineral resource industry. Assignments will cover project engineering, project management and field assignments. The unique role incorporates mine engineering, site technical support, modeling and backfill system design with varying levels of study. Travel to remote international mine sites is very common.
- Develop projects from scoping, prefeasibility through basic and detailed engineering
- Execute on-site field trials, tests, commissioning assignments and audits
- Provide design support on mining and backfill engineering projects
- Manage projects and proposals including budget control and scheduling
- Design backfill processes, including flow sheet and mass balance calculations
- Specify equipment and make recommendations for backfill system components
- Perform hydraulic analysis and design of backfill distribution systems
- Technical communications, including report writing and presentations to clients
- Construction support, commissioning and training assignments on plants and systems
- Provide timely deliverables done to a high standard of quality
- Manage studies to budget and schedule
- Lead projects, study teams and manage client relations
- Apply technical skills to perform challenging tasks and solve problems
- Participate in ongoing professional development, certification and training
The successful candidate will have above average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- BSc or MSc engineering degree (mining/mechanical) completed in minimum time
- Professional Engineer status in Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Fluent in English, both written and oral form
- A valid driver’s license and, when required, willingness to travel
- Strong computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and modeling
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
- Strong project management and team leadership skills
Useful experience (minimum of 7+ years)
- Direct knowledge of mining and backfill projects
- Operational experience in a mining or mineral processing environment
- A background in fluid mechanics/hydraulics or pipeline and pumping systems
- Ability to work well in an office, industrial and mining site environment
- Able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
Sudbury Application Instructions
Please send the following to Rob Brown
- Resume (including GPA scores).
- List of references.
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.