The successful applicant will work as a Project Engineer on various mineral processing, tailings and slurry pipeline projects in the mining and resources industry. The work will involve travel to mine sites, primarily in North America. The work will entail the following:
- Laboratory and pilot test work
- Process design and analysis of mineral processing, tailings systems and slurry pipelines
- Specification of system components (pumps, piping, valves, instrumentation, etc.)
- Technical communication, including report writing and presentations
- On-site process and equipment audits
- Commissioning of plant and systems
- Cost estimating
- Contribute as part of an engineering team working on mining projects
- Application of technical skills to perform engineering tasks and problem solving
- Ongoing professional development towards maintaining professional engineering registration
The successful candidate will have above average abilities to meet the high standards set by our Company.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- A BS or MS degree in mechanical, chemical or mineral processing engineering, completed in minimum time
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada
- Canadian citizen or be eligible to work in Canada
- A valid driver’s license and, when required, be willing to travel
- Strong computer skills, especially spreadsheets (Excel) and word-processing
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills, especially technical reports
Useful experience (minimum of 4 years)
- Mineral processing, process plant or mining environment
- Mineral process design experience
- A background in fluid mechanics/hydraulics or pipeline and pumping systems
- Control and/or instrumentation
- Project or engineering management
- Familiarity with oil sand tailings management
- Engineering consulting experience.
- Ability to work well in an office, industrial and mining site environment
- Able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical excellence
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks in the laboratory and on field assignments.
Calgary Application Instructions
Please send the following to Stewart Bodtker
- Resume (including GPA scores).
- List of references.
- A short essay describing what you can offer our Company (150 words maximum).