The successful applicant will join our design team to produce mechanical drawings and 3D models for the mining and resources industry. The applicant will contribute, as part of the design team, to the design of mineral processing related facilities and specialised equipment and then produce drawing deliverables that are done professionally to company standards and procedures.
- Independently develop 3D models, general arrangement and layout drawings of mineral processing related facilities from process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Produce pipework drawings including arrangements, long sections and isometrics
- Assist engineers with concept development and the design of specialised equipment and then produce detailed drawings for production and / or fabrication
- Perform material take-offs and develop bills of quantities
- Checking, review and marking-up drawings, ensuring compliance and adherence to standards
- Travel to sites to measure up and draw/detail equipment and systems.
- Apply technical skills to perform engineering design, detailing and drafting tasks
- Consistently deliver professional drawings and models to the required standards and drawing procedures
- Ongoing career development through continuous growth and learning.
An experienced career Mechanical Designer who has built up knowledge and wisdom through immersion and exposure to independently produce 3D models and drawings of consistently high quality. The person must be able to contribute to the overall capacity of the design team rather than simply produce drawings as instructed.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- Associates degree in computer aided drafting or industrial design
- At least 5 years of relevant and appropriate experience in process plant and/or mining environments. At least some of this experience must include 3D modelling and layout of mining process facilities
- Proficiency with Autodesk products including Inventor and Plant 3D or CADWorxs
- A high level of computer literacy with good skills in spreadsheets, MS Office and other applications
- Able to problem solve independently through research and information gathering via library, internet, equipment catalogues and supplier contacts
- A valid driver’s license and, when required be willing to travel for short duration assignments.
Other useful experience
- General site measurement of equipment and systems
- Workshop, manufacturing or fabrication, as well as experience in specifications, costing and estimating.
- Able to work hard, act professionally and make decisions independently
- An organised approach to ensure all deliverables are maintained and organised effectively
- Ability to work well in an office, industrial and mining site environment
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical learning
- Able to communicate well with individuals and willing to train
- Willing to adapt to client specific drafting standards and process layout changes.
Denver Application Instructions
Please send the following to Robert Cooke on Email: Denver@PatersonCooke.com
- Resume (including GPA scores)
- List of references.
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.