Health & Safety
The health and safety of our employees is extremely important. Whether we are working in the relative safety of the office environment or in the potentially dangerous environment of an underground mine, health and safety must be the top priority.
We are committed to the following principles:
- H&S awareness must be integral to the way we work
- P&C will provide a safe working environment, appropriate H&S training and will provide employees with suitable personal protective equipment
- Employees have the right to refuse to work if they consider the environment to be unsafe – this applies to both P&C and Clients' facilities
- P&C employees must report hazards, unsafe acts, near misses and incidents through the channels provided
- Each Practice has a Practice H&S Manual that details P&C safety procedures and any local statutory H&S regulations
Each practice has the following:
- One or more employees appointed as designated Safety Officers
- Employees who have been trained in firefighting and first aid
- A Health and Safety Committee that meets regularly to investigate reported hazards and incidents, and to manage H&S initiatives and activities
- An emergency evacuation plan and conducts regular emergency evacuation drills
It is vitally important that each employee takes personal responsibility for their own safety and the safety of other employees. We must be constantly on the look-out for potential hazards or unsafe acts and must diligently report them so that they can be eliminated.
If we all work together in a responsible way, we will be able to avoid injuries.