The successful applicant will join our drawing office and be trained to produce mechanical drawings in the field of backfill, slurry transport systems and specialised equipment for the mining and resources industry. The applicant will report to the drawing office manager and assist in ensuring that drawing deliverables are done accurately, correctly and on time according to company standards and procedures.
- Draw up Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID’s) and Hydraulic Grade Lines (HGL’s) from sketches provided by engineers.
- Assist other draft personnel to edit, correct and issue drawings of piping systems and pump stations (plans, elevations and sections) from engineers’ sketches and diagrams.
- Assist engineers with material take-offs and development of bills of quantities, equipment lists and cost estimates.
- If required, travel to sites to assist in measuring up and draw/detail equipment and systems.
- Contribute as part of a team consisting of engineers and other members of the drawing office.
- Application of drafting skills to perform basic engineering and drafting tasks.
- Ongoing career development through continuous growth and learning to develop their full potential.
The post will require an enthusiastic young draftsperson who is eager to develop skills and competencies to progress to the level of Senior Engineering Draftsperson.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
- Formal drafting training to a diploma or equivalent level.
- AutoCAD (2D) training and 1-2 years’ experience.
- Computer literacy with basic skills in MS Excel and Word.
- Solid modelling / 3D drawing experience (preferably with Inventor, AutoCAD or Plant 3D).
- Site measurement of equipment and systems.
- Workshop, manufacturing or fabrication experience.
- Costing / estimating.
- Exposure to or vacation work in a mineral process plant or mining environment.
- Able to work hard and act professionally.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to technical learning.
- A willingness to learn from engineers and draft personnel.
- Ability to work well in an office, industrial and mining site environment.
Sudbury Application Instructions
Please send the following to Rob Brown
- Resume (including GPA scores).
- List of references.
- A covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the job.