Intermediate / Senior Draughtsperson (Cornwall)
PATERSON & COOKE
Paterson & Cooke (UK) Ltd. (P&C) is an industry leading consultant specialising in slurry pipelines, tailings processing and mine backfill. P&C provides high quality designs from feasibility level through to detailed designs and commissioning to the mining industry. An opportunity has arisen for an Intermediate or Senior Draughtsperson to join a rapidly growing office in Redruth, Cornwall.
The successful applicant will join the office to produce mechanical and process drawings in the field of slurry transport systems and specialised equipment for the mining and resources industry.
The Intermediate / Senior Draughtsperson will work in close liaison with process and mechanical engineers to develop project drawings for international mining clients.
Key tasks for the role are as follows:
- Draw up Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID’s) and Hydraulic Grade Lines (HGL’s) from information provided by engineers;
- Develop general arrangement and layout drawings of piping systems, pump stations (plans, elevations and sections) and related specialised equipment from PFD’s and P&ID’s;
- Produce pipework drawings including arrangements, long sections and isometrics;
- Perform material take-offs and develop bills of quantities, and equipment lists;
- Check, review and mark-up drawings, ensuring compliance and adherence to standards; and
- Undertake on-going career development through continuous growth and learning to develop your full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Liaise with project teams to generate drawings;
- Provide updates on schedules and actively manage workload;
- Apply technical skills and critical thinking to develop drawings;
- Consistently deliver professional drawings to the required standards and drawing procedures; and
- Commit to ongoing career development through continuous growth and learning.
- Applicant must be fully versed in Autodesk / AutoCad and AutoDesk Inventor
- Experience in Autodesk Vault and Plant 3D would also be beneficial
The applicant should:
- Be formally trained in draughting;
- Have at least 5-10 years of relevant and appropriate experience in process plant and/or mining environments – with demonstrable drawing deliverables. At least some of this experience should include layout and detailing of pump stations and pipelines;
- Have 5+ years’ experience on AutoCAD (2D & 3D);
- Have an excellent level of computer literacy;
- Be able to install and develop expertise in specialised draughting related software;
- Be able to problem solve independently through research and information gathering via library, internet, equipment catalogues and supplier contacts; and
- Be willing and able to occasionally travel internationally, for training or project work.
The following characteristics are considered beneficial:
- Above average ability to meet the technical challenges and high standards set by our company;
- An organised approach to ensure all deliverables are maintained and organised effectively;
- A professional demeanour and confidence to make decisions independently;
- An attention to detail and a pride in one’s work;
- Ability to pro-actively and positively react and to process changes and client requests at any stage in projects; and
- Membership or registration with a professional institution or body.
PATERSON & COOKE OFFERS
In return, Paterson & Cooke offers a professional yet friendly employee-owned workplace, based in Cornwall, with above average remuneration.
It will support and enable you in your career development goals and recognise and value your contributions to the success of the business.
Please send curriculum vitae and a covering letter to: Cornwall@Patersoncooke.com